WHAT’S THE LATEST NEWS?
For anyone who runs a website or a blog, the biggest concern is always how to get more visitors to your online pages. More visitors mean an increase in readers, more enquiries or advertising revenues, and higher purchase rates. This is where search engine optimisation comes in. Getting your websites’ SEO right can be the difference between a successful product or service, and a site with too few visitors to make an impact on your bottom line.
With so many sites competing for the same eyeballs as your pages, the million dollar question is then how to get ahead in the SEO race? The answer in a single word is -quality. Everything you do for your site has to be of the highest quality; think well written content, high quality images, and even the links back to your site.
Another key thing to remember is that even though search engines play a big role in bringing readers to your site they should not be your main focus, your visitors should be.
Search engines are now so sophisticated they are impossible to keep up with, however this also means that well designed sites that provide great content are more likely to rank higher in search results anyway. This is why focusing your efforts on providing your visitors with the best user experience is a better channel for your online marketing efforts.
Aspects to concentrate on to get ahead in the SEO race include:
- User Experience: Your site has to load fast, be easy to use, and simple to navigate so that users can find the information they are looking for quickly.
- Content: It is sometimes said that content is king, and on the internet that is not far from the truth. As mentioned above, great content will always rise to the top.
- Keywords: Research the keywords that are relevant to your products or services and use them to create content for your site to attract more visitors.
- Link Building: Link building is still a relevant part of SEO, it should however, be done in an ethical way.
- Mobile Responsiveness: In this age of smartphones and tablets, a responsive, mobile-ready site is a must
- Social Media: Being active and building a strong social media following on the platforms favoured by your target audience is a good way to amplify your message.
Running a successful website or blog can be a demanding job in its right before you factor in the hours demanded by search engine optimisation. The points above are a good place to start your SEO work but for those who have the time there are many more to use.
If you find yourself short of time, or you are unsure of how to get ahead of the competition, why not consider the services of a professional SEO company instead? Their experience means you can concentrate on what matters the most to you in running your business, your customers!